If 2020 taught us anything, it taught us that you never know when you might be forced to exercise from home, or for how long. Equipping your home gym with a 10kg kettlebell and 12kg kettlebell set is a great way to utilize this versatile equipment. Unlock the benefits of kettlebell training. Improve strength, mobility, and overall fitness with these 5 essential kettlebell workouts.
Kettlebell sets challenge balance and core stability, essentials for your overall fitness. Here are 5 of the best kettlebell workouts to tone your body from home using kettlebell weights. All kettlebell workouts are suitable for both men and women.
Kettlebell Arm Workout: Bicep Curl
This remix on a classic is a great way to improve your arms’ strength.
- Pick up two kettlebells and place one on each side. Your upper arms should remain still.
- Curl the kettlebells up toward your shoulders while bending your elbows.
- Return them to your sides gradually.
Kettlebell Back Workout: Kettlebell Bent Over Row
Strong back muscles are essential for long-term mobility, and kettlebells make it easy to start laying your foundation today.
- Lean around 45 degrees forward until the kettlebell hangs at shin height. To sit back in the position, keep your weight back on your heels and bend your knees.
- Pull the kettlebell up toward your hip with one arm while simulating an elbow pull.
- At the peak of the exercise, pause for two seconds, clench your shoulder blades together, and then gradually lower the kettlebell back down. Work your way up to 12 reps on each side.
Kettlebell Exercises for Your Legs: The Goblet Squat
This classic squat works your hamstrings, calves, and glutes.
- Stand with your toes pointing outward and a little wider than hip-width apart.
- Hold a kettlebell at chest level with your elbows bent and both hands clasped on the handles.
- As you squat down while maintaining the kettlebell close to your chest, brace your core with a neutral spine, hinge your hips back, and bend your knees into a squat.
- While squatting, keep your chest erect and upright and try to get your hips closer to 90 degrees than parallel to the ground. At the bottom of the squat, your elbows should be positioned inside of your knees.
- Squeeze your glutes as you exhale, and press through your feet to stand back up in the starting posture.
Kettlebell Core Exercise: Hollow Body Hold
This exercise is a great way to engage the muscles in your midsection as well as your lower back.
- Lie on your back.
- Engage your abs to lift your head, shoulders, arms, and legs off of the ground, keeping your legs straight out and feet flexed while simultaneously extending your arms overhead, holding 1 kettlebell.
- Bend your knees if necessary to help keep your back flat on the floor.
- Hold for 30 to 45 seconds.
Full Body Kettlebell Workouts: The Kettlebell Swing
For this exercise, make sure you have plenty of space around you to prevent accidents or injury to yourself or others.
- Your feet should be somewhat broader than shoulder-width apart as you stand. Kettlebell should be placed on the ground in front of your feet. Put a modest bend in your knees, and maintain a defensive posture by pulling your shoulder blades down and back while bracing your core.
- As you raise your kettlebell, hinge your hips back and your body forward as one unit. Keep your back straight and bend your knees just enough to avoid squatting.
- Lifting the kettlebell, inhale. Exhale, tighten your glutes and hamstrings and thrust your hips forward to quickly and forcefully stand up. Naturally, the kettlebell will rise to about shoulder height. You should just use your arms as a hook, not to lift the object.
- Inhale, and as you do so, swing your hips back and let the kettlebell fall back in between your legs. Keep your back upright and your hips and torso moving in unison.
Get More Out of Your Workout With NineFit
Whether you are choosing dumbbell vs kettlebell weights or looking for the best rate on Kettlebell Kings, Ninefit has all your sport and exercises favorites in one place. Explore your region and start building the perfect home gym.